[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - A book, an actual physical book.

A book, an actual physical book.

Ask Questions about the site not related to any specific page or existing forum

A book, an actual physical book.

Postby Eklen » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:25 am

Eklen

I am

Postby HarryStottle » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:50 am

I am thinking that - eventually - I'll compile a few "collections" into books and use the "" option (or something similar) to publish on demand. Unfortunately, even though the lulu option lets you publish one book at a time (pretty cheap too - I reckon I could publish a 500 page book for about $18 ) the actual preparation and setup involved is still almost as much as required for a professional publishing effort (a few weeks non stop effort minimum)

And of course that word "eventually" leaves me a lot of wriggle room and it might be that by the time I get round to it, devices like (I want one for Xmas if anyone's listening) will be commonplace and the whole idea of the printed page will have gone out of fashion.

Meanwhile, many of my pages have at least got a PDF option so you can download and print them. If there are any pages which I haven't yet done, and which you particularly want "pdfd" that's only a 20 minute job, so I can do that with relatively little hassle. And once I've done it for you, or anyone else who asks, then it's available for everyone. Just email me with the relevant page details...
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby Eklen » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:06 pm

Well, as for the digital books, I still like having my large physical collection to look at (not that that wouldn't be amazing...), and hell, if you set-up all the papers from your website, I can't see you not getting an actual publishing deal or something from at least somewhere. I don't know how you feel about that, but I say try!
Eklen

Postby HarryStottle » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:02 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to Queries