[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Here's where we're at

Here's where we're at

See Title!

Here's where we're at

Postby intelegant » Sun May 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Spore. Amazing.

intelegant

Postby HarryStottle » Sun May 14, 2006 11:30 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Power of Tens

Postby intelegant » Sun May 14, 2006 11:40 pm

intelegant

Postby HarryStottle » Tue May 16, 2006 11:47 pm

Just finished watching the Spore movie and I'm hooked. That is one game I'll be queing up for.

Now I'll check out that zoom link...

ah. I see Burbs does a zoom shot, but I'm after a zoom you can do yourself - like we see in Spore. Although I will download the Torrent (when I get my Torrent server back up and running) and explore the "Power of Tens".
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby Mind Unraveled » Wed May 17, 2006 3:31 am

i haven't seen the video yet (still downloading). but it think it's fair to say, based on every other game he makes, that video games are one of the driving forces behind this push to transform in machines. I would like to see the calculations for all the simulation games i play. Can't wait to see the video.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? -epicurus
Mind Unraveled

Postby HarryStottle » Wed May 17, 2006 5:34 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Path of Champions

Postby intelegant » Thu May 18, 2006 4:33 am

intelegant

Postby HarryStottle » Thu May 18, 2006 6:01 pm

With your talk of "immersion", can I ask if you've read

you speak of the hard work having been done. I suspect it is just beginning.

For full immersion you need to believe you're IN the game, not just playing it. And we're still miles away from that...
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby Mind Unraveled » Thu May 18, 2006 8:41 pm

now that i've seen it the graphic, atleast at this stage don't look much better then wow.

The idea is cool and the controls seem to be ok.

The lake of water was way to big for that commit.

The space age seems a little over powered, he totally destroyed that town. Sure, an alien probably could do that but for the sake of good game play it seems unbeatable. Of course, what do i know i just say a 40 min preview.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? -epicurus
Mind Unraveled

but almost there

Postby intelegant » Fri May 19, 2006 12:51 am

Harry: your articles are always a high point of my day, and Birth of God is as individually illuminating and a joy to read as are they all.

For those lacking time for , I'll here attempt an encapsulation:

On the basis that the already rapid pace of technological discovery and innovation is only accelerating, certain events may be taken as inevitable:

The blessings provided with VR will draw and consume the energies of many, to unproductive ends. A social definition of the condition will be established. Remedies will be provided for the afflicted who allow themselves help, and the furtherance of knowledge surrounding the issue will promote its healing.

Cyberspace will present us a new and powerful form of intimacy.

VR and Cyberspace will culminate to a persistent and perpetual experience that can be perceived as indistinguishable from ordinary existence: a simultaneous existence. All human endeavors will be adapted to this ubiquitous virtual world. Relevancy of distinguishing where experience originates will decrease. Quality of life will increase at the same rate that does technology today.

Consciousness will be recognized to reside in either or both existences.

Individuals will realize a new form of life: mutually combinative existence.

Increasing numbers of lives will coalesce, up to and exceeding the global scale.

An eventual Universal Being will culminate in full Consciousness.

I wouldn't say your contemplating is broad in scope as much as all encompassing; you outline well factors that will ultimately constitute milestones. Limiting complete immersion in a computed reality seems to be the degree of difficulty to which we interface with computers and how much we are fooled by their simulation.

I do say the hard work is done, not only in respect to the display aspect of the computer's evolution, but as well in the maturation of computer components and interconnects that facilitate instantaneous (for most intents and purposes) calculation. Besides the Holy Grail of AI, what now is left to do, but raise the sophistication of computers in simulating the remainder of human perception?
intelegant

Re: Power of Tens

Postby intelegant » Wed May 24, 2006 8:20 am

intelegant

Return to General Chat