[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Greetings Earthlings

Greetings Earthlings

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

Greetings Earthlings

Postby HarryStottle » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:42 am

I've recently installed a statcounter on the site and I was amazed to learn that "Conversation" is the single most popular item on the site. I'd be fascinated to know what people think of it.
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby councilor » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:44 am

councilor

Well it works then!

Postby HarryStottle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:56 am

HarryStottle
Site Admin

hallow

Postby Self-Fullfilling Vessel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Have you ever heard the word "flashback"?
no just kidding.. (not really a place for a groaner.)

i love this text.. although i just read it for the first time.
i am brave enough to tell you that i'm really impressed by the power of words ( this occurs with texts familiar to this one.. the ones that leave you with that feeling 'could be true.. but... no.. YES!')
i want it to be true and i think i am really afraid of asking if it's real and if i'd do that, i wouldn't decide to do it in this public forum, influencing the minds of those who just read it.
no matter what answer you would give me,
it might destroy their evolving thoughts by either
opinion 1 being: 'oh it's a fictional text, so just a fairy tale/myth, not worth to dream it on..'
opinion 2 being: 'of course he claims it's real.. but it's not true. he's a lie'

anyways.. if it was fictional (no pleeeaase ;) ) it's still one of the best short texts i've read for.. let's say a few years..( in terms of the funny feeling and the fresh new viewing angle)
and : something rich in content like this, isn't too often to be find in the web..
at least you got me thinking, deep and refreshing thinking!!
and i think this "small" text and the idea behind it will with me like the idea of the illuminati, or even more strong..
so welcome, your idea is from now on a part of my life.
:shock: :D

While reading, quite at the beginning, i thought 'he has to ask something that can really be some sort of an evidence (nice song.. :) ) for those who, how he claimed, will look back on this text.
like.. E=mc²..
later on i thought: how complicated is language and you see..
it's there. i think there's lots of potential in there..
it always astonished me how some words could be.. even only how they could be translated.. especially in very different languages like the ones of the people in africa, that use sounds mostly for communication, or the languages by the agyptians and aztecs.. maya..
you should have asked him about this theory that the world ends in 2012, told by many cultures..
have a look:
some say this may even be a point of a new awareness or conciousness or else..
i'd love to know what he says about hallucinogenic drugs..
(in the ars technica forum someone said jokingly you could have been talking to timothy leary's ghost.. while reading i thought of one of his quotes: "At one point consciousness-altering devices like the microscope and telescope were
criminalized for exactly the same reasons that psychedelic plants were banned in later years.
They allow us to peer into bits and zones of Chaos."
- Timothy Leary
Well.. reading this, i'd like to place another quote here, that could also give a good question for him:
"Up to the Twentieth century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see, and hear. Since the initial publication of the chart of the electromagnetic spectrum...humans have learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear is less than one-millionth of reality. Ninety-nine percent of all that is going to affect our tomorrows is being developed by humans using instruments and working in ranges of reality that are nonhumanly sensible. "

R. Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)

I could write so much MORE but i have to sleep now.
(excuse my not-foreign english.)
Goodbye !
Godspeed You ! Black Emperor

(i think: happy holidays)
Self-Fullfilling Vessel

Postby krizzler » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:39 am

I must say, my friend sent me this and when I first read the first few lines and I thought it was a bunch of bullshit. Then, I started to get into it and it made me think that this "average joe" might actually be telling the truth. Who is to say he is not, right? I could not stop sending it to people on my msn list and I seriously hope this gets sent around the net and media like wildfire because even IF it is not true it is definitly something of interest. I myself dont believe there is ONE god and I also agree that people should not worship god. I think people make up religion to believe in something because maybe they have given up hope on themselves. Also what "god" as we will call him as he did not state a name as to what we may otherwise call him said as to us seeing him as more of an older brother or sister is entirly true in any case. We do control our lives and fates and I think it is brave of you to post this on the net. Who knows if other people have come in contact with god and im not talking about some vision their sub-concious might has conjoured but the real thing but if they have and were too frightened about what people may think to actually say what you have said? What is in there is pure fact for the most part because we do seem to be at a level one if we were to look at evoloution as a game (if you will).
Thank you for sharing
-Kristen
Canada
krizzler

Postby CSBoecker » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:14 am

Throughout the read, I kept wondering if/when the question of "what exists after our current lives" was going to pop up. As legitimate and valuable as the many other questions may be, I'm curious why that question never came up as well.

As many theists will question "if there is no heaven and hell, where do we go after life?" a definite answer would certainly bring a greater possibility of acceptance among readers.
CSBoecker

Postby PvtFishsticks » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:27 am

PvtFishsticks

Postby Bender » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Bender

Postby Meloco » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:43 pm

Meloco

Postby Airel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:02 pm

Its Linked on Torrentspy, you probably know. I thought It was interesting, but like most people im not sure if I believe it.
Airel

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:38 pm

Seriously, is this true?

I can certainly see a huge degree of truth in it, and I really want it to be true, because it would give us a distinct purpose.

I know how annoying it must be to type something up and post it on a webpage, and then wake up to an inbox of emails asking the same question each time, but I hope you realised you've raised on of the most contraversial issues ever. I praise you for doing so, as you have indeed, inadveryently or otherwise, made a huge leap, just as God said you would.

Being an Atheist myself, I have sometimes speculated on the existence of a god, and Conversation provides evidence that is at the very least plausible as to.. It's existence. It would sure explain all the problems. The best thing about the piece is that God seemed to read my mind too, as each answer would leave me with a question that would be answered shortly after. Very smart.

I hope with all the wonder and awe of a young child being told about Santa Claus that this is real. I have no issue with it, it is indeed a massively convincing piece of writing, but your verification would, I am sure, put my mind and the minds of many others at ease, and we could begin to correctly speculate.
Rob

just this

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:19 pm

i found this makes sense, and it's good, i just have ONE question

how the hell did you manage to remember all that word for word?!

maybe it's just my memory that's a bit duff but blimey!
Cuddly_Carpy

Postby kagemusha » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:28 pm

kagemusha

Postby meateater » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:04 pm

meateater

wow

Postby Self-Fullfilling Vessel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:33 pm

Self-Fullfilling Vessel

Next

Return to Conversation with God