[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - God's Debris

God's Debris

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

God's Debris

Postby Auburn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:31 am

PDF: http://nowscape.com/godsdebris.pdf

Hiya. So this is a short story I've come across in the past that is strikingly similar to "Conversation with God". @ Harry: If you haven't yet read it, I'm almost certain you'd enjoy it. The views presented in it are very similar to you in areas. A snippet from the introduction:

This is not a Dilbert book. It contains no humor. I call it a
132-page thought experiment wrapped in a fictional story.
I’ll explain the thought experiment part later.
God’s Debris doesn’t fit into normal publishing cubbyholes.
There is even disagreement about whether the material
is fiction or nonfiction. I contend that it is fiction because
the characters don’t exist. Some people contend that it is
nonfiction because the opinions and philosophies of the characters
might have lasting impact on the reader.
The story contains no violence, no sexual content, and
no offensive language. But the ideas expressed by the characters
are inappropriate for young minds. People under the
age of fourteen should not read it.
The target audience for God’s Debris is people who
enjoy having their brains spun around inside their skulls...

In order to avoid spoiling it in case you haven't, I'll withhold my comments until later. I'm curious as to your opinion of it. It only seems long but the pages have a lot of spacing, big font, and.. believe me, it goes by quick. ;)
Auburn

Postby HarryStottle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to Conversation with God