[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Who's In Charge?

Who's In Charge?

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

Who's In Charge?

Postby Anonymised Email Query » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:36 pm

[MESSAGE FROM HARRY: I frequently get emails from readers asking a question or two about something I've written and they're read. Most of the time I reply, privately, to their question and that's the end of it. Occasionally, however, they'll ask either a lot of questions or, perhaps, a question of deeper than usual significance. In which case, rather than answer it privately, I prefer to place the answer on to this messageboard so that should anyone else repeat the question, I can save myself some time simply by referring them to the public answer.

I prefer, of course, doing this in the context of a public dialogue between the questioner and myself, which entails the questioner becoming a forum member. Some readers do not wish to become forum members, in which case, with their permission I publish the question and answer session using the "Anonymous Email" account I have set up for this purpose.

This particular "dialogue" is an example of that process.]

[ANONYMISED MESSAGE]

Hello Harry,
I found your articles on meeting with god entertaining because I share a lot of the same ideas that you mentioned; like humans having the ability to evolve and humans naivety to whom God actually is. And I like thinking about the bigger picture, although I don't think I am at capacity to conceptualize it, yet.

It's kind of pointless to ask you if you think you've really met God; I'm sure you know it as fact. So, I will humor you the same way you humored the 30 something year old on the train. How do you know it wasn't the devil you were speaking to? Maybe the entire time he was trying to steer you away from the "ultimate goal." Whatever that may be.

Don't take this the wrong way because I truly enjoyed your article, but it sounded like "God" was just reciting your own personal opinion on The design, humanity, and all of life for that matter. And there were a lot of dead ends. Like, why are there levels? Level 1 and Level 2, how many levels are there? Are there infinite levels? Are there, really, no levels?

You make it sound like they are working within a set dimension. But then, who is in charge of that dimension? Is there a fight between life and non-life? Binary warfare, so to speak? Plus, how can you remember clearly what "God" said to you? Did he copy it from his brain and paste it into yours, through telepathy? I'd imagine if you could read someones mind you could eventually learn to paste information into it, I suppose. Am I making any sense? Thanks for your time.

Anon
Anonymised Email Query

Who's in Charge?

Postby HarryStottle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:46 pm

HarryStottle
Site Admin

Who's In Charge?

Postby Anonymised Email Query » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Anonymised Email Query

Postby HarryStottle » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 am

HarryStottle
Site Admin