[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RTP Discussions • View topic - Death. Whats after?

Death. Whats after?

Discussion of the article "Conversation With God"

Death. Whats after?

Postby Dririthlan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:33 am

Even though the article touched alot of points to which I agree apon. I still have a significant question to which I beleive should of been asked. '

Im not saying I beleive that you did infact talk to god, but im not going to rule it out.

Eventhough its hard to beleive you could remember such a conversation in its detail and publish it on your website. I still cannot understand why you wouldnt have tried to approach the topic of death on a more suttle note. To me it was grossly implied that its not a persons path more an evolutionary path. On a whole you live you die you contribute to the big picture. And this is how I have always felt about life and death.
But as of recent I cannot rule out the fact there are phenomenon to which we have not explored too well yet. For example with ghosts, I am quite interested in unexplainable circumstances. And so I try to gather as much information I can retain and make my own theories from that. I have always figured ghosts as being reminders. As residue of someones emotional effect on the environment. But that is my theory which makes the most sense to me.

So naturally I cannot rule out the idea of reincarnation. Life after the death is just rediculous to me for some reason but reincarnation is somewhat more credible. I havnt been exposed to enough solid information yet too which I think I can come up with a suitable theory. But my thoughts so far is that reincarnation is possible to within a species. Biologically there is a way to have a similar dominant trait appear in the same spiecies rather then to another. Psycics are quite convinced that everyone does have previous lives and are rather accurate on a few of their claims, but alot of it is still very shifty.

Anyways I have to leave for work soon so Ill leave this to stew for a while. I would like too hear more opinions on the subject because its something I am really interested in discussing. Of coarse I have only just generalised my theories in order to keep this as short as possible. Just try to make sense of what I am talking about.
Dririthlan

Postby gregornz » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:58 am

You can't die, only your body can.

You are not your body.

For more on this download some Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer.

Peace :)
gregornz

Postby Dririthlan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:05 am

I will look into it thank you,
Dririthlan

Postby shakazed » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:16 pm

A giant "continue?" sign. Honestly, would you really want to know?
shakazed

Postby Dririthlan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:36 am

Dririthlan

Postby KajaMarik » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 am

KajaMarik

From an atheist ...

Postby Shanmugam » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:59 am

Hi .. Coming from a background of very religious family and society, (Christian, Hindu, Buddist .. etc) .. At a young age, I started to question the existence of god (around 9 or 10).

Now I am 20, going on to 21. I have given completely shed the regard I had towards any religion/faith/belief towards god.

I am an atheist.

Therefore I understood why the author (maybe; I cannot speak for him) did not ask the question of Heaven/Hell AKA afterlife.

All religions teach some sort of afterlife. Soul and reincarnatio, and of course, heaven and hell. When you become an atheist, in the process of shedding the religious beliefs you have built up over the years, you come across some questions. One of them is:

"What happens after I die?"

Well, it was a traumatising experience for me. I questioned my existence. Why do I learn and earn and have a family?

After toiling up the steep slope of life, there is no trophy?? There is a steep cliff drop??

<<Shrugs>>

That's the price of true atheism. I had to come to face the fact that I am just another animal - another mammal.

More intelligent, but still another mammal. What happens when I die? Does my "soul" survive? Although I do not want it to be so, since, to quote Sherlock Holmes, "whatever remains must be true", I have to accept that along with my physical body, my intelligence, my persona, who I was, who I am, who I may may be,

will be no more.

In a second, a lorry may crash into me as I cross the road, and "I" will be
no more.

That is the concept of being an atheist. So if I really meet god, I may not ask him about afterlife, because it is something I do not think about any more.

Thank you.
Shanmugam

Postby Chir » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:13 pm

I consider myself agnostic, having little expertise with the afterlife, can't really prove things either way. Perhaps the whole issue will become moot once we've gained a better understanding of time.

But, goodness, I rather hope that there's no afterlife or riencarnation... it would spoil the preciousness of Happening Only Once.
Chir

Postby Shanmugam » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:30 pm

Shanmugam

Postby Chir » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:38 pm

Chir

Oops

Postby Shanmugam » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:53 am

Shanmugam

For Answers to Life After Death...

Postby HarryStottle » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:27 pm

check out , if you haven't already. And then read the discussion thread on "What inspired it" - there are some fascinating contributions there.
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to Conversation with God