What's the hidden message?

A cautionary tale I wrote in 1992 and re-discovered in 2006.

What's the hidden message?

Postby steadymobbin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:22 pm

I found the Conversation With God story via stumbleupon and really enjoyed it. That prompted me read the Resurrection and Eagle Has landed which I thought were very interesting. I was hoping to find some opinions or theories on the Eagle as it is a cautionary tale. I can think of several, but I wonder if the story is expressing caution to things known in the universe or possibly to future discoveries or other lifeforms.
steadymobbin

Re: What's the hidden message?

Postby HarryStottle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Greetings steadymobbin and welcome on board.

Disappointingly, the answer to your question is much more mundane than " expressing caution to things known in the universe or possibly to future discoveries or other lifeforms."

Its a warning about being over-possessive about the things (or people) we love. It was inspired by watching a gorgeous female friend of mine fending off the control freaks who lusted after her and couldn't cope with the freedom she insisted on exercising...
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Postby steadymobbin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 am

ok. that is what I beleived, but given the nature of your other stories and website I wasn't sure if it had other implications. I really enjoyed the story and I think it was a very effective and well written cautionary tale. I truly felt as if I was in the situations myself. The characters seem very real and that's what I like about Ressuraction and the God article as well. Very matter of fact and the characters feel like someone I could know myself. I agree with a lot of your theories and concepts. They are interesting and exciting - right up my alley of interest. But I will post more in the appropriate threads about those stories soon. I appreciate that as far as I can tell you respond to all your readers forum posts. That fact led me to join your board, where in most forums I would just lurk. Look forward to sharing my thoughts with you and learning more about your theories and debating with you. :)
steadymobbin

Postby HarryStottle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks. I think you qualify as a satisfied customer. What a shame I'm not selling anything!
HarryStottle
Site Admin

Return to The Eagle Has Landed